Join us on a journey of discovery of the inland Algarve, specifically the area known as “Barrocal”, – a journey to delight your senses, awaken your curiosity and whet your appetite for more… Our first port of call is the small town of São Brás de Alportel – quite typical of the Algarve in its architecture and activities. Here we visit a cork factory. The cork that is harvested in the surrounding area is brought to this factory, prepared, treated and then exported. We visit a local typical cake shop renowned for its traditional produce – carob bread, almond cakes and honey cakes. There is time also to visit the fascinating São Brás Ethnographic Museum.
Onward we go to Salir- a bucolic village where you can see the remnants of the ancient castle and its walls. At our last stop you will have the opportunity to taste the traditional jams and honey, produced in an organic farm on the outskirts of Sarnadas.
- Unravel the secrets of the cork production!
- Visit a typical cake shop renowned for its traditional production!
- Discover the ancient costumes in the Ethnographic Museum of São Brás de Alportel
- NFree time for lunch (not included)
- NTaste the biological preserves and liqueurs!
- NVisit Salir and its Castle!